CAOS (Complete Analytics Optimization Suite) for Google Analytics allows you to host analytics.js/gtag.js locally and keep it updated using WordPress’ built-in Cron-schedule. Fully automatic!
Not a big Google Analytics user and just curious about your pageviews? CAOS fully supports Minimal Analytics, which is basically Google Analytics Lite. An extremely lightweight alternative Google Analytics’ default libraries (analytics.js/gtag.js). Minimal Analytics also helps you get rid of that annoying Unused JS notice in Google PageSpeed Insights!
Whenever you run an analysis of your website on Google Pagespeed Insights, Pingdom or GTMetrix, it’ll tell you to leverage browser cache when you’re using Google Analytics. Because Google has set the cache expiry time to 2 hours. This plugin will get you a higher score on Pagespeed and Pingdom and make your website load faster, because the user’s browser doesn’t have to make a roundtrip to download the file from Google’s external server.
Just install the plugin, enter your Tracking-ID and the plugin adds the necessary Tracking Code for Google Analytics to the header (or footer) of your theme, downloads and saves the analytics.js/gtag.js-file to your website’s server and keeps it updated (automagically) using a scheduled script in wp_cron(). CAOS is a set and forget plugin.
Please keep in mind that, although I try to make the configuration of this plugin as easy as possible, the concept of locally hosting a file or optimizing Google Analytics for Pagespeed Insights or GT Metrix has proven to be confusing for some people. If you’re not sure of what your doing, please consult a SEO expert or Webdeveloper to help you with the configuration of this plugin. Or hire me to do it for you.
For more information: How to setup CAOS.
- Host analytics.js or gtag.js locally (What’s the difference?),
- Minimal Analytics support,
- Google Analytics V4 API support,
- Endlessly extensible using the integrated filters and available mini plugins! E.g. track Google Adwords conversions and much, much more!
- Bypass Ad Blockersin Stealth Mode: Sneak past Security and protect your Google Analytics data,
- Plugins (e.g. linkid.js) are also served from a local source when in Stealth Mode!
- CAOS Super Stealth Upgrade adds compatibility with Enhanced Ecommerce (ec.js) and Analytics’ Ecommerce Features (ecommerce.js).
- Preconnect to google-analytics.com to reduce latency and speed up requests,
- Send an event to your Google Analytics dashboard when a visitor is viewing your pages using an Ad Blocker,
- Capture outbound links,
- Integrate Google Optimize,
- Enhanced link attribution,
- Allow tracking always or only when a certain cookie exists or has a value — Read more about GDPR Compliance,
- Add tracking code to header, footer or manually,
- Load the tracking snippet Asynchronous or Default (Synchronous)
- Fully compatible with Google Analytics Dashboard Plugin for WP by MonsterInsights, WooCommerce Google Analytics Integration, Google Analytics Dashboard Plugin for WP by Analytify and Google Analytics Dashboard for WP by ExactMetrics,
- Save analytics.js/gtag.js anywhere within the WordPress content (wp-content) directory to avoid detection by WordPress security plugins (such as WordFence) or removal by caching plugins (such as WP Super Cache),
- Serve analytics.js/gtag.js from your CDN,
- Set Cookie Expiry Period,
- Set Site Speed Sample Rate,
- Set Adjusted Bounce Rate,
- Change enqueue order (prioritize order of loaded scripts),
- Enable Enhanced Link Attribution (linkid.js),
- Force disabling display features functionalities,
- Anonymize IP addresses,
- Track logged in Administrators,
- Manually update analytics.js/gtag.js with the click of a button!